the swordwind

the swordwind
The rune of Biel-tan stands for the principle of reinincarnation, a fate thought to be reserved for every Eldar before the Fall. The name of the craftworld means "rebirth of ancient days".

Tuesday 9 June 2009

reserves

I have mentioned before how reserves have really helped me out in my battles. Increasingly I am finding that reserving my jetbikes has several advantages. Normally the disadvantages of reserving something is that you don't know when its going to arrive and that its going to be doing nothing for at least a turn, possibly more. However, I use my jetbikes purely as objective grabbers and possibly a little harrasment if I'm lucky. Their purpose is to not die until turn 5 at which point they go and claim an objective (alternitively, in KP missions their purpose is just to not die, and to fill up my second troops slot.). To this end, where better place to protect them than off the table? Sure, they can't hurt anything but they were hardly going to do anything anyway, and best of all my opponent can't hurt them for up to 4 turns! I know some people might play jetbikes in a more aggresive way, but this is how I use them and so far reserving them has worked well.
(NB: I am talking about my anti horde list here which Iam considering using for everything. Any thoughts on this?).

No comments: